Coastal road

Coastal road

Walk route...

Walk route...
Anti- clock wise from Bournemouth.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day # 19 Wickford to Chelmsford, Essex.


          Awake bright and early at prepare to leave Wickford accommodation on yet another sunny, clear, bright and crisp English morning. It has been a week since the last rain on my route and dangerously, I maybe guilty of beginning to expect an unending stretch of good English walking days before the next soaking. My direction today takes me westwards, away from the coast, as I am determined to correct a deficiency in my jogger that has created considerable frustration. I have come an expert puncture repairer, and can do a full roadside patch job in about half an hour. Walking next to the bramble hedges for many hours daily, it impossible to avoid the thorn residue that litters the gutter. Referred to a professional cycle repair shop in Chelmsford, I invest in Kevlar bands that are inserted under the tyre cover and over the inner tube. The ‘au fait’ will know Kevlar is the material (produced by spiders (!) that is used as part of bullet-proof vests. Figure that if it will stop bullets, it should keep thorns out of my wheels. Regret that I did not research enough PRIOR to departure to find about Kevlar inserts.  Let’s hope they will work as promised.
        
21.2 Kms. walked today per pedometer: Cumulative kms covered: 472.4
Hours of walking today including rest stops: 4.0
Type of accommodation: Pub B & B
Cost of bed & breakfast: pounds. 35.0
To view pics of the walk, please go to Flickr  (traveller6666).

Trillium serves over one million+ residents annually…the future of healthcare is here!  I’m giving 110% to Trillium, will you? Please donate to Trillium Health Centre www.trilliumhealthcentrefoundation.org

No comments:

Post a Comment