Coastal road

Coastal road

Walk route...

Walk route...
Anti- clock wise from Bournemouth.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day # 75 Trefor to Pwllheli, North Wales.

              Awake to view heavy mist rolling down from the nearby Snowdon mountain range as I departed my overnight B & B and headed for the final 12 kms. into Pwllhelli, an attractive small marketing & tourism centre situated on the northern coast of Cardigan Bay. Much favoured by the sailing fraternity. Winding narrow roads without footpaths are the norm in North Wales where local drivers understand the etiquette of passing at spots where there is frequently road width for a single vehicle. The routing today was mainly down hill and in dry but overcast weather, as I descended to the coast and arrived in the town just before 11.00am. Already the streets of  Pwllheli throng with the vanguard of tourists that will surge in as the weather improves. It has been 10 years since my last visit here and the signs of recent gentrification are evident. New construction has occurred along the seafront and the sailing club appears to be a dynamic operation.

         It is my good fortune that my sister and her family own a beautiful sea-front apartment at Pwllheli and I have the opportunity to make use of the accommodation for three days, over the long UK Spring Bank holiday weekend. Unfortunately my sister is unable to meet me at the apartment, so I have deigned this a quiet & relaxing rest (and laundry) walk break and will recommence my mileage early on Tuesday when my objective will be Portmadog (birth place of Lawrence of Arabia).
   
   12 kms. walked today per pedometer.                Cumulative Kms. covered:
 Hours of walking today including rest stops: 3.00
Type of accommodation: Staying with family for 3 days.
Cost of bed & breakfast: pounds. N/A

Please go to Flickr.com (traveller6666) to view pics of the walk.

 Trillium Health Centre has always been there for me and my family, I want to do my part and be there to support them. I’m giving 110% to Trillium, will you?  www.trilliumhealthcentrefoundation.org

No comments:

Post a Comment